Saturday, October 25, 2008

CREATIVITY



I admire people who draw, paint, design, and anyone who loves to create things. I was blessed to be in a family of artist. My sister and a couple of my brothers all draw very well. As a little girl I would watch them take a blank sheet of paper and end with a beautiful art piece. I didn't think I had a talent.
Then one day someone gave me a crochet hook and taught me how to crochet. I was in heaven I could create something from a skein of yarn. I was a creator. Today I was with friends and we are in the process of making a quilt wall hanging for my job. I love creating things. A couple of years ago I taught my granddaughter, Kaylan how to crochet. Here she is holding up her first work of art. Everyone can create something from something very small. It may be baking a cake, painting a room, or drawing a picture. The art of creating. I just love it. What a wonderful gift.
Go make something today.

No comments: