Wednesday, November 5, 2008

THE DREAM IS ALIVE


God Bless America!
As I sit here tonight and watch the miracle and the dream come true I rejoice. I watched with excitement tears comes to my eyes. I watched with Pops an eighty three year old, and he told stories of the struggles he experienced as a black man and I cried. I was happy for him that he was able to see this day come. Every time I voted I thought about all the prayers, tears, and blood that was shed just so I could make my voice count.
I thank so many Americans that didn't look at his color and looked at his character and said this is the man to run our country.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

4 comments:

Laura Jannika said...

How moving! your words are beautiful!

kimkelsey said...

Wow! That was so nice of you to use my blog on your blog. Thank you for saying that my words were beautiful. Thank you for being such a wonderful woman.
Kim

Anonymous said...

God Bless America And God Bless Our World!

Thank you for sharing your sentiments and heartfelt message. This is certainly an exciting time in history, Black History, White History, World History! I am proud as so many Americans are to experience the election of our nation's first African-American president. I too experienced the tears of those close to me, tears of pride, joy and hope for our future! Hope that people of color and all those who may be perceived as different experience opportunity and the ability to make their dreams come true.

Kim, congratulations on your blog and all the exciting events happening for you! THE DREAM IS ALIVE AND GOING STRONG!

Jennifer

kimkelsey said...

Aloha,

Thank you Jennifer for your comments. I know this was very special for you being biracial. I find it so amazing that the first president of color is both an pure African and white man. It's amazing how God brings justice.

Thank you my friend.
Kim