Monday, May 1, 2017

The Year of 59(5)

This is a great big world and I'm here in Detroit. I often get depressed about my life that I'm not doing more with it. My friend showed me a video of her mentor yesterday and my jaws dropped as I watched this woman share her adventures over the years in her life. She got a motor cycle and traveled the country all by herself. That's freaking amazing! Why am I not doing anything with my life?

I don't have a whole lot to say because I'm so angry that I didn't work my life so that I could see the world. My dream is to see Africa and I don't know how I'm going to get the money to go to Ghana. I just want to see the land that my ancestors come from. The book Roots open so many African American realize that we had a land and it wasn't America. I have friends that talk about going to Italy or Greece their roots. The Mother Land people call it. I'm going home!

I would love to travel here in this country as well. There is so much to see here that I haven't seen and I want to see. I've done some traveling over the years but not enough to quiche my thrust for more. As a little girl my parents would take us south to visit their families in Jacksonville, Florida. I just loved that thinking we were pretty special because many of the kids in the neighborhood didn't have that opportunity. Maybe that's what got my travel bug stared.
I've been to so places that I like Washington D.C. Vegas, Chicago, Florida, California, Texas and Ohio. I want to see more I want to see more. This country is filled with beautiful places to see and its time for me to see that. Now I have to come up with a plan to get money in my pocket and go.Travel page:

No comments: