Wednesday, February 25, 2009

LET US SING


Now the month is coming to an end I have to mentioned Black History month. Especially after electing our first African American president.


In elementary school it was called Negro History week. This was the time we learned about the accomplishment and contribution African Americans made to this country. We weren't mentioned in any history books at that time As a very little girl I was so ashame of my hertiage because of slavery I couldn't appreciate what my people experience and how their stuggle was my freedom.
By the time I finished high school was becoming proud of our people.
In our school we would always sing Lift Every Voice and Sing the black national Athem. A song of pride for our people. One part of the song that I really loved are ...let our rejoicing raise high as the glistening skies let it resound loud as roaring seas. Sing a sound full of the faith that dark past has taught us. Sing a song full of the hope that the presents has bought us. Facing the rising sun of our new day begun let us march on till victory is won.
Our past has taught us so much. Our past has bought us this far. We have alot to sing about.
Can you name the people on the page? They all have contribute much to our country. They our a few of my favorites.

No comments: