Monday, April 13, 2009

TIME WITH POPS


It looks like Pops time on this earth is coming to an end. I've known Pops for over thirty years but I got to really know him in the last few years. Coming and staying with him and Mom I've spent time talking with him about when he was younger growing in the south. Pops and I watched the election on television the night that Obama won. He didn't think he would win and went to bed about thirty minutes before the election was won by Obama. The next night he and I talked about it. He was so excited to see a black man become president of the United States.

Pops encouraged me to write my story telling me that it was very improtant to share our stories with others he felt stories can help encourage others. He had an uncle that wrote a book and when he was in his eighties. I head it and just loved it. Pops loved golf and played untill he couldn't anymore because of a shoulder injury.
I visited him the other day in the hosipital and was so sad to see him not able to talk to me. Pray for my Pops. Pray for peace. I am so grateful that I got to know him these few years. I know he was so inspirational in my wanting to go for my dreams. He will be deeply missed. I love Pops.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sorry to hear about Pops. You took good care of him and made his life worth living.
Glad you got to get away for a while! Good for you.