Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Living The Dream


At 15 years

old I was giving my very first diary from my teacher, Ms. Graves. She told me to take that and write my next chapter of my life. I was moving on to Vista Maria Home For Girls. I was so afriad then going to a place that I thought I didn't need to go or wouldn't fit in there. She looked me in the eyes and told me that I was going to be just fine and I was going to make an impact there and I was going to learn how strong I am. She believed in me. I wanted to write my story.

My book In Between My Tears are all about the lessons I'd learned while living at Vista Maria. I will always treasure those years I spent there the girls especially they were fun, exciting and loving. We spent hours sharing our hearts and our fears and joys with each other. I felt like we were really a family the sisters I've always wanted to have. I just loved them all Bulla, Anita, Baby, Patty, Donna, Wendy, Fawn and the list can go on and on. They helped me grow up to be the woman they am I today. Writing In Between My Tears helped me relived those prescious moments.

No comments: