Sunday, March 6, 2011

Vagina Monologue


I had the great opportunity to perform with 14 beautiful women and three men in the Vagina Monologues on yesterday. I had a wonderful time as we all had monologues of women stories from all over the world. I was deeply moved by the stories of courage and determination of women over coming challenges.
I was even more touched of my friends and family members that came out to support me in the show. My boss was there too along with five of my co-workers.
There was one woman in the audienced that tracked me down after the show to say she was deeply moved by my monologue I did, I was in the room. She told me that I depicted the delivery of a child just the way it's done. She told me she was a midwife. Wow! The was also a young lady in the audienced that came up to me and told me my part was so moving. I looked at her and recognized her right away. She was a former student from Merrill-Palmer. She's a mother of ten children.
A wonderful moment for me. I was so glad that I stepped out of my little comfortable box and performed with these beautiful people. A growing expereince for me. I'm coming out just like the song says.

No comments: