Thursday, July 16, 2009

KIM KELSEY YOU'RE WANTED IN THE OFFICE


At sixteen I attended Vista Maria school for Girls. I was an alright student worked very hard to get passing grades. There were a many of days when I would get called into the office to see Sister Mary Beth. This office that's on the page now. Everytime I would open that door my stomach would be jumping me thinking Oh God I'm in big trouble now.
Once I was called in to see Sister Mary Beth and I was told to have a sit as usual and wait. I sat there with my hands sweating and my heart just pumping and wondering again what had I done. I get in her office and she waves her hand to the chair that sat beside her desk for me to have a sit. I was shaking inside I could hear my heart just beating as if its in Africa. "Kim " she says to me looking down at a folder with my name on the tab. "I''ve been looking over your grades and credits. It looks as if this is your last year in high school." I sat there my eyes nearly jumped out of the sockets. I couldn't say anything I just shook my head back and forth then finally I said "no way."
Everytime I look up from my desk I think about that day. Not just that day but many of days I worked in that small office and looked though that window at the woman that sat on the other say of that window (Mrs. House ) and I have to smile. I think of Sister Mary Beth and smile too. I'm back, she must be smiling in Heaven thinking "No Way."

No comments: