Monday, October 20, 2008

EVERYTHING MUST CHANGE

I remember hearing a song once that had the lyrics "everything must change nothing stays the same." That songs continue to rings in my mind as now work at the high school I attended over thirty years ago. So much has changed over the years the building, classrooms, of course the teachers and students. Yet, the is one thing that hasn't changed at all. The angry, hurt, frustration, confusion and sadness the students carry with them.
I remember those feelings as a teenager very well. Although much has changed the challenges the students face are still the same. There's no saving them this is their journey. I have to believe they will come out victories.

2 comments:

Laura Jannika said...

Kim, Every child you are around will be better for knowing you. Your caring heart always shows through. You make a difference!

kimkelsey said...

How sweet. Thank you for that. I didn't mean to blog this.
I tried to put a picture but don't know what happen.
Need another lesson on making it as pretty as yours.
Kim